Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 10: Week 5- "I just can't get enough..."

"Row, Pull, Push, Core!" This is all that Marc heard me screaming at him last night during our training session. Sylvie was not able to join us tonight, but stated she was going to the "mini trampoline" class and "spin class" at the gym Thursday and Friday. And yes, to answer your question, I will be checking in on her! I DON'T PLAY!
I started Marc off on the rowing machine for 15 min, making sure he kept his speed up. I had Marc switch his grip on the handle, from wide, to narrow, every 5 min, working different parts of his back and shoulders. Needless to say, Marc was SPENT, after this "warm-up?"
But, as he always does, he pressed on and brought it up a notch. We moved onto the Assissted Pull-up and Dip machine. I had Marc switch up his hand placement on the handles above, so that he was able to hit all the different muscles in his back, shoulders, chest, etc. Marc did three sets of 10 reps of pull-ups and dips. In between each set, Marc dropped to the floor and did 10 push-ups and diamond push ups (working the chest, back, shoulders, biceps, tri-ceps, etc). After reading this, one would conclude that Marc would have total "jello-arms," but he was ready for more. Talk about DETERMINATION!
We snuck into the TRX room for the last 20 min. Each time we meet, Marc asks me if we can do TRX today. I'm glad to hear that he is as STOKED about TRX as I am. It really is the best thing since sliced bread, and yes, I am being totally serious. It works your entire core and improves your balance, all by using your own body weight. I better move on before I start to tear up over 2 little canvas straps. But seriously check TRX out!
Ok, so I had Marc do "2 handed/ 1 handed chest-press and tricep extension." He then moved onto the floor on his back, with his heels in the foot cradles, working lower body. I had Marc do, "hip raises and pedal pushers." We then ended with abs. I had Marc flip over to his stomach with his toes in the foot cradles. Marc completed, "suspended plank, side plank, and crunch."
After all of that loveliness, Marc stretched and then, FINALLY, he admitted he was "DONE." Stick a fork in him folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment